Easy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese Icing
These golden, fluffy, and buttery rolls—swirled with delicious cinnamon sugar filling and topped with thick dairy-free icing—are absolutely foolproof.
December 7, 2022
There’s nothing better than waking up to the smell of sweet cinnamon rolls wafting through your home. Treat your loved ones and yourself with this comforting recipe from the Easy Low-Cal Vegan Eats cookbook.
What you need:
For the cinnamon rolls:
1 cup warm almond milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ cup melted vegan butter
½ teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
2½ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup softened vegan butter
⅔ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the cream cheese icing:
½ cup vegan cream cheese
4 tablespoons softened vegan butter
1½ cups powdered sugar
What you do:
- For the cinnamon rolls, in a large bowl, mix warm milk, maple syrup, melted butter, and salt. Sprinkle yeast over top and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Stir in flour and mix until a dough forms. Cover dough bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Once dough has risen, place on floured surface and roll into a ½-inch rectangle. If dough is too sticky to roll, add more flour. Spread butter on sheet of dough, followed by sugar, then cinnamon. Roll into a log and cut into 8 to 10 rounds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a baking dish, place wheels and cover with a towel. Allow to sit and rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Remove towel and place in oven for about 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and fluffy.
- For the cream cheese icing, in a medium bowl, add all ingredients and use a hand mixer to beat. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy immediately.