Makes 24 cookies
What you need:
For the cookies:
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark molasses
1 tablespoon almond milk
1-1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon dry-roasted flaxseed
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the fudge:
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using the whisk attachment on your stand mixer (or an electric hand mixer), whisk together oil, sugar, molasses, and almond milk.
- Remove whisk and attach the flat beater. To wet mixture, add flour, flaxseed, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Continue mixing on medium speed until dough forms.
- Scoop out approximately 1 tablespoon of dough, roll into ball, and place onto cookie sheet. Continue with remaining dough. Then, using your thumb, carefully make a thump print into each ball.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven, and place on cooling rack. If the centers have puffed up, carefully press down centers with your thumb.
- While cookies are cooling, in a small saucepan over low heat add almond milk and agave nectar. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and add chocolate chips. Stir until chips are totally melted. Let the chocolate cool completely.
- Spoon cooled fudge into the centers of each cookie.