These golden-brown crispy potatoes from the Mostly Plant-Based cookbook are made with just a handful of ingredients, but you can top them with whatever your heart desires. Think vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes, chopped fresh dill, or chives.
What you need:
3½ cups small yellow potatoes, scrubbed
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Flaky salt, for topping
What you do:
- Into a large pot, place potatoes and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until soft and easy to pierce, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease two sheet pans with cooking spray. Drain potatoes and let cool and dry for 5 minutes.
- Onto prepared pans, evenly distribute potatoes and, using a knife, make a small slit in top of each potato, and then use a fork to gently smash each potato until ¼-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, salt, and pepper. Use a pastry brush to brush oil over potatoes.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle parsley and flaky salt on top and serve hot.