Vegan Cheeseburger Tater Tots With Cashew Cheddar Sauce
A smooth, velvety cashew cheese sauce drizzled over these golden tots is super simple and adds a touch of homemade flair to this indulgent dish.
February 8, 2023
Pop these tots from the Epic Vegan Quick and Easy cookbook on a sheet pan and you’ll have an impressive appetizer to wow friends and family in just thirty minutes.
What you need:
For the vegan cheddar sauce:
1½ cups pumpkin purée
½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
¼ cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons white miso
3 cups water
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Juice of ½ lemon
1½ teaspoons salt
1½ teaspoons onion powder
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
For the tots:
4 cups frozen tater tots
½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 cup frozen vegan ground beef or crumbled vegan sausage
½ cup roughly chopped white onion
½ cup diced tomato
¼ cup sweet pickle relish
¾ cup prepared vegan cheddar sauce
2 scallions, chopped
What you do:
- For the vegan cheddar sauce, into a blender, add all ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread tater tots on prepared sheet pan and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, and flip tater tots with a spatula. Position tater tots close together until touching to minimize toppings falling through to sheet pan.
- Top with ground beef, onion, tomatoes, relish, and cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese is melted and tater tots have turned golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with mustard and ketchup, and sprinkle with chopped scallions, and serve.
Here at VegNews, we live and breathe the vegan lifestyle, and only recommend products we feel make our lives amazing. Occasionally, articles may include shopping links where we might earn a small commission. In no way does this effect the editorial integrity of VegNews.