Vegan Mushroom-Sausage Breakfast Hash Tacos
Vibrant and packed full of punchy flavor, these savory, hearty breakfast tacos are the perfect way to kick off a weekend.
October 21, 2022
Meaty sausages, a dash of spiced fajita seasoning, fresh vegetables … it doesn’t get much better than that! These breakfast tacos from the BOSH! On a Budget cookbook are the ultimate savory brunch for a slow weekend morning.
What you need:
For the pickled red onions:
1 red onion, finely sliced
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
For the hash:
1¼ cups baby potatoes, chopped into ½-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1½ cups mushrooms
4 vegan sausages, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon salt, divided
8 corn tortillas
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
4 cups fresh spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
4 green onions, sliced, divided
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 ripe avocado, sliced
Hot sauce, to serve
½ cup cilantro, chopped
½ lime, quartered
What you do:
- For the onions, into a medium bowl, add all ingredients and toss to combine, squeezing firmly with fingers. Set aside.
- For the hash, into a microwaveable bowl, add potatoes, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes until soft.
- In a large frying pan over high heat, add oil, mushrooms, sausage, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium frying pan over high heat, gently toast a tortilla, one at a time, on both sides. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean towel. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Remove potatoes from microwave and add to pan with sausage. Add garlic and fajita seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add tomatoes and half of green onions. Stir in remaining salt and black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Fill tortillas with hash. Top with pickled onions, sliced avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, and remaining green onions.
Photo credit: BOSH!