We always save the best for last. This year has been a downright sweet one for veganism—the demise of the gestation crate, the growing popularity of milk alternatives, and the release of Miyoko Schinner’s Artisan Vegan Cheese are just the tip of the iceberg. To top it all off (and to toast the New Year), we’ve compiled a list of the most popular desserts on VegNews.com. To la dolce vita!
1. Woody Harrelson’s Adult Vegan Brownies. Who knew dirt could taste so good?
2. Vegan Samoas. Caramel-y, Girl Scout-y goodness.
3. Sinless Sticky Toffee Pecan Pudding. Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows can make a mean dessert.
4. Vegan Thin Mints. This is going to be a problem.
5. Crème-filled Chocolate Orange Cupcakes. A classic from Chloe Coscarelli never gets old.
6. Vegan Tagalongs. Rounding out the trifecta of veganized Girl Scout Cookies (we thank you, Annie Shannon).
7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini-Muffins. Chocolate Covered Katie, is there anything you can’t do?
8. Hot Chocolate Ice Cream. Marrying summer and winter has never tasted better.
9. Gluten-Free Frosted Lemon Cookies. This simple cookie will wow folks of all dietary persuasions!
10. Raspberry Pretzel Dessert Bar. Is it just us, or was 2012 the year of sweet-and-salty desserts? (Not that we’re complaining.)
11. Raw Coconut Carrot Cake. This cake will prove raw can really be right every time.
12. Chocolate Peanut Maple Bars. We dare you not to eat them all at once. Just try.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1