Today, Kroger—the largest supermarket chain in the United States—expanded its private label Simple Truth brand by 50 new vegan products. The Simple Truth brand already includes 20 vegan products such as meatless burger patties and grinds, deli slices (Black Forest Ham and Salt & Pepper Turkey), and sausage (Kielbasa and Chorizo), sour cream, alfredo pasta sauce, and chocolate chip cookie dough. The new products in the line include:
- Chick’n (Patties and Grinds)
- Cheese Slices (Cheddar and Hot Pepper)
- Cheese Shreds (Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- Oat Milk-Based Ice Cream (Black Raspberry Chip, Maple Pecan, Strawberry Graham, Sea Salt Caramel, and Peanut Butter Chip)
- Cauliflower-Based Dips (Spicy Queso, Buffalo, Tzatziki, and Cilantro & Jalapeño)
- Salad Dressings (Caesar and Ranch)
- Almond Milk-Based Yogurt (Strawberry, Blueberry, Mango, and Vanilla)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Truffle Brownie Batter
“We’re excited to introduce the latest additions to our Simple Truth Plant Based collection to provide an expanded selection of affordable, delicious and quality products for our customers who live a vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian lifestyle,” Kroger Chief Merchant Stuart Aitken said. “We look forward to continuing to drive the growth of the plant-based category through our Simple Truth brand, which exceeded $2.5 billion in sales last year, and we anticipate increased interest in our plant-based selection in 2021 and beyond.”
Along with its private-label plant-based products, Kroger stocks a variety of vegan brand name options, including JUST Egg, Beyond Burger, and Impossible Burger—which debuted at 2,000 Kroger locations in August.
Love the plant-based lifestyle as much as we do?
Get the BEST vegan recipes, travel, celebrity interviews, product picks, and so much more inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!