This recipe from The Forked Spoon blogger Jessica Randhawa is easily adaptable by swapping in sweet peas or butternut squash for any of the vegetables and is sure to be a simple crowd-pleaser for family meals.
What you need:
2½ lbs tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
2 medium eggplant, sliced into ½-inch rounds
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
16 ounces gnocchi
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
½ cup vegan parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On first baking sheet, spread out chopped tomatoes in a single layer and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Drizzle second baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lay eggplant out in an even layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Place both sheets in oven and roast for 30 minutes, flipping eggplant once halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook according to package instructions. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add gnocchi to pan and fry for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, eggplant, and basil, and gently stir together to combine. Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese, and serve.
Photo credit: Jessica Randhawa
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of