This simple pancake recipe from the Vegan Reset cookbook is easily customizable (our recommendation? Add chopped, toasted pecans!) and is a crowd-pleaser on Sunday mornings. Wash it all down with a hot cup of coffee for a sweet start to the day.
What you need:
¼ cup flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup soy milk
3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut, for serving
1 cup pitted and chopped cherries, for serving
What you do:
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk soy milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and whisk thoroughly.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm oil and ladle 3 tablespoons of batter into skillet. Cook on each side until brown.
- Serve with coconut, cherries, and additional maple syrup.
Photo credit: Best of Vegan
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of