Throwback to some good old childhood nostalgia and make your own fruity roll-ups from the Quick & Easy Plant-Based Deliciousness cookbook. Even better? You can easily swap in any type of dried fruit for different takes on this treat.
What you need:
1 cup dried mango
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Juice of ½ a lemon
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a medium bowl, place dried mango and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Into a food processor, add mango and pulse until a smooth paste has formed. Add maple syrup and lemon juice, and pulse again. Add two or three tablespoons boiling water to help break mixture down to a smooth paste, without lumps.
- Spread mixture evenly on lined baking sheet. Make sure it is as level and smooth as possible.
- Leave in oven for 5 hours or until mixture no longer feels too wet and sticky to handle. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into 10 strips and rolling them up. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Photo credit: Nassima Rothacker