This quick and easy dinner from the Fiber Fueled Cookbook packs in plenty of satiating carbs and vegetables. Add crispy, air-fried tofu or peppery vegan chicken for a protein boost.
What you need:
½ pound of uncooked noodles, such as linguine or rice noodles
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pink peppercorn
4 garlic cloves, minced, divided
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons apple juice
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup roughly chopped sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
What you do:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add broccoli, ½ teaspoon of salt, and pink pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 minced garlic cloves and continue cooking for another minute. Once garlic is fragrant, remove pot from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, place remaining 2 garlic cloves, tahini, ¼ cup water, vinegar, sesame oil, apple juice, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, ginger, and red pepper and combine until creamy.
- Return pasta to pot and mix in sesame seeds and sauce. Stir to thoroughly combine. Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Photo credit: Ashley McLaughlin