Eating your vegetables has never been tastier than this simple sweet bread recipe from the Dreena’s Kind Kitchen cookbook. You can easily divide the batter into a muffin tin to make a dozen individual treats or add swirls of peanut butter to up the indulgence.
What you need:
1¾ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups thickly sliced zucchini
1 cup sliced very ripe bananas
¼ cup hemp seeds
⅔ cup maple syrup
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper, allowing some parchment to overhang edges of pan.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Into a high-speed blender, add zucchini, bananas, hemp seeds, and maple syrup and blend until smooth. Add water and vanilla and blend again.
- Into dry mixture, pour zucchini mixture. Stir until just combined and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a cooling rack. Once cool, remove loaf from pan by lifting edges of parchment. Peel paper away from loaf, slice, and serve.