Healthy Vegan Chocolate Brownie Doughnuts
A hybrid between brownies, doughnuts, and zucchini bread, these nutritious, chocolaty treats are a great way to sneak in your greens.
February 24, 2023
These easy blender doughnuts from the Cook. Heal. Go Vegan! cookbook are fudgy and delicious as-is, but can be stepped up by topping with more melted chocolate or a sweet glaze.
What you need:
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
¼ cup water
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup shredded zucchini
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup almond butter
2 medium ripe bananas, peeled
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup cacao powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two silicone or metal doughnut pans with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and water, and let set for 5 minutes.
- Into a high-powered blender, place oats and blend for 20 seconds, or until powdered. Add chia mixture, zucchini, sugar, almond butter, bananas, baking soda, cacao, salt, vanilla, and ½ cup chocolate chips. Blend ingredients for about 1 minute, or until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Divide batter evenly into doughnut pans. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Here at VegNews, we live and breathe the vegan lifestyle, and only recommend products we feel make our lives amazing. Occasionally, articles may include shopping links where we might earn a small commission. In no way does this effect the editorial integrity of VegNews.