Pair this ultra-chocolaty baked good, from the Baked With Love cookbook, with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream, cherry compote, and extra chocolate drizzle.
What you need:
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon vegan butter, divided
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon cassava flour, divided
⅔ cup plus ½ cup unsweetened chocolate chips, divided
½ cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
½ cup coconut sugar
Coconut whipped cream, for topping
Fresh raspberries, for garnish
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and use to grease four 5.4-ounce ramekins, then dust ramekins with 1 tablespoon of cassava flour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat remaining ½ cup butter until melted and hot to touch. Add ⅔ cup of chocolate chips and stir until melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat applesauce and coconut sugar until well combined. Pour in melted chocolate mixture and fold into applesauce mixture. Add remaining ½ cup of cassava flour and mix until smooth.
- Fill each ramekin three-quarters full with batter. There will be batter remaining in bowl. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of chocolate chips to middle of each ramekin.
- Top with remaining batter. Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until middle just begins to set.
- Remove from oven and let cool and set for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges of cakes and flip over gently onto serving plates. Serve warm, topped with coconut whipped cream and raspberries.