Summer is almost here, but it’s never too early to fire up a grill. Because of this, we’ve created easy, crowd-pleasing kabobs seasoned with a Cajun-inspired blend of spices. Homemade adobo dipping sauce provides a little extra kick for those who like to turn up the heat!
What you need:
For the dipping sauce:
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
For the spice blend:
¾ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon turbinado sugar
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the cauliflower:
5 cups cauliflower, cut into large florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
What you do:
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. For the adobo sauce, in a food processor or blender, add vegan mayonnaise, 4 whole chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and lime juice. Blend until sauce reaches a smooth consistency. Set aside.
3. For the spice blend, in a small bowl, stir together paprika, garlic powder, salt, sugar, thyme, oregano, cayenne, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place cauliflower florets. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Add spice blend and toss again to coat evenly.
5. Thread cauliflower onto 4 skewers and place on grill. Close lid and cook, approximately 8 minutes on each side, until cauliflower is crisp-tender. Remove from heat, brush with additional adobo sauce, and serve warm or room temperature.
Photo courtesy of Holly V. Gray
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!