Summer is almost here, but it’s never too early to fire up a grill. Because of this, we’ve created easy, crowd-pleasing kabobs seasoned with a Cajun-inspired blend of spices. Homemade adobo dipping sauce provides a little extra kick for those who like to turn up the heat!
What you need:
For the dipping sauce:
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
For the spice blend:
¾ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon turbinado sugar
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the cauliflower:
5 cups cauliflower, cut into large florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
What you do:
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. For the adobo sauce, in a food processor or blender, add vegan mayonnaise, 4 whole chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and lime juice. Blend until sauce reaches a smooth consistency. Set aside.
3. For the spice blend, in a small bowl, stir together paprika, garlic powder, salt, sugar, thyme, oregano, cayenne, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place cauliflower florets. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Add spice blend and toss again to coat evenly.
5. Thread cauliflower onto 4 skewers and place on grill. Close lid and cook, approximately 8 minutes on each side, until cauliflower is crisp-tender. Remove from heat, brush with additional adobo sauce, and serve warm or room temperature.
Photo courtesy of Holly V. Gray
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of