Whether it was the top vegan finds at Trader Joe’s or reasons to forget the keto diet and go vegan, VegNews readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2018. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 most-read features on VegNews.com so we can look back at all that’s been accomplished, and look forward to even more to come in 2019.
1. 25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
From unfrosted Pop-Tarts to Sour Patch Kids gummies, there are a surprising amount of plant-based sweets and snacks that can be found on the shelves at your local gas station or corner store.
2. 15 Vegan Things at Costco You Need to Try Now
Who knew this big-box store was such a haven for plant-based products? Super-sized bags of mandarin orange vegan chicken, we’re coming for you.
3. 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
We love our vegan sweets, but when we want to shed a few pounds and feel better, we’re turning to these six easy tips to help get us to our goal.
4. 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
The keto diet may hold allure for fad dieters, but vegan MD Shvian Joshi breaks down why you should trade in this high-fat diet for a plant-based one.
5. 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joe’s
This popular grocer has long been a mainstay for plant-based eaters, so we’re celebrating its most-craved sweet treats from classic Joe-Joes to cherry chocolate chip ice cream.
6. 10 Secretly Vegan Foods You Can Find at Trader Joe’s This Fall
Pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies, butternut squash pizza crust, and pumpkin cinnamon rolls are just a few of the delicious products VegNews readers snapped up this fall, thanks to this super informative round-up.
7. 8 Reasons This Physician Recommends You Drop the Keto Diet and Go Vegan
The keto diet carries some potentially serious risks ranging from heart disease to kidney stones, along with vitamin deficiencies galore. So swap in that protein-laden diet for some fruit and vegetables!
8. 20 Vegan Things at Target That Will Revolutionize Your Pantry
Ice cream! Burritos! Caramel! Coffee creamers! Popcorn! Be right back, we’re going on a Target run.
9. 5 Healthiest Cooking Oils for Vegan Diets
Olive oil or coconut oil? When it comes to the dozens of cooking oils you find on store shelves, it can be hard to decipher all of the health claims. Luckily you don’t have to! We break down the healthiest options on the market in this product guide.
10. 10 Surprising Animal Ingredients Lurking on Store Shelves
Do you know what isinglass is? How about L-Cysteine? Get the low down on these sneaky animal-derived ingredients and make reading food labels easier than ever.