VegNews Food Editor Joni Marie Newman’s recipe for these miniature pumpkin loaves studded with vegan chocolate chips make perfect gifts, but they’re even more perfect enjoyed by yourself with a hot cup of tea.
What you need:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
3½ cups pumpkin purée
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegan milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat 5 mini loaf tins with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Fill each loaf tin three-fourths full and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until tops have cracked and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely before turning out loaves.
Photo courtesy of Fairwinds Press
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!