Middle Eastern travel company Emirates Airlines recently added vegan meal options to its onboard business and first-class menus for the month of January. The new vegan meals include:
- Tofu Jalfrezi served with steamed wild rice and tandoori broccolini
- Shiitake ravioli served with coriander pesto and edamame
- Ancho three-bean chilli served with corn cakes, chimichurri, and tofu aioli
- Shiitake fried rice served with sautéed asparagus, oyster mushrooms, and Marmite sauce
- Misir Wat served with sautéed spinach and spiced potatoes and carrots
The vegan meal options are available on flights from Dubai to the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Addis Ababa. Due to popular demand, the option is also available in economy class on flights to Addis Ababa. The new initiative was implemented as part of the growing Veganuary movement and is in addition to the airline’s pre-booked vegan meals, which can be requested in advance on all flights and in all classes. Last year, Emirates Airlines served more than 20,000 vegan meals during Veganuary. Over the entire year, the airline served 345,000 in-flight vegan meals, including vegan cheese and chocolate.
Love the plant-based lifestyle as much as we do?
Get the BEST vegan recipes, travel, celebrity interviews, product picks, and so much more inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!