These easy blender doughnuts from the Cook. Heal. Go Vegan! cookbook are fudgy and delicious as-is, but can be stepped up by topping with more melted chocolate or a sweet glaze.
What you need:
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
¼ cup water
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup shredded zucchini
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup almond butter
2 medium ripe bananas, peeled
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup cacao powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two silicone or metal doughnut pans with oil.
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and water, and let set for 5 minutes.
- Into a high-powered blender, place oats and blend for 20 seconds, or until powdered. Add chia mixture, zucchini, sugar, almond butter, bananas, baking soda, cacao, salt, vanilla, and ½ cup chocolate chips. Blend ingredients for about 1 minute, or until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Divide batter evenly into doughnut pans. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool.