These 100-percent vegan deviled eggs are made from just 8 ingredients in this recipe from the HealthyGirl Kitchen blogger. Add vegan bacon bits, flavored mayos, or a touch of green onion for added flavor.
What you need:
15 small Yukon gold potatoes
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon turmeric
Smoked paprika, for garnish
Fresh or dried dill, for garnish
What you do:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Boil potatoes whole for 25 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Strain and add potatoes to a bowl of ice water to cool. Strain again after 5 minutes and cut in half.
- Scoop a well into center of each potato half with a teaspoon. Into a medium bowl, add scooped potato flesh.
- Into bowl with potato flesh, add mustard, mayo, vinegar, salt, and turmeric. Mash and mix until completely smooth. Add more mayo if too thick.
- Into a piping bag, add filling. Pipe into each potato well and garnish with smoked paprika and dill. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Photo credit: Danielle Keith