These buttery, chocolaty cookies from the PlantYou: 140+ Ridiculously Easy, Amazingly Delicious, Plant-Based, Oil-Free Recipes cookbook balance sweet, bitter, and salty flavors perfectly and take just minutes to prepare.
What you need:
½ cup tahini
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup oat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
Flaky salt, for sprinkling
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix oat flour and baking powder. Sift flour mixture into tahini mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, then scoop 2-tablespoon-sized balls of dough, at least 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Using a fork, squish down each cookie into a ½-inch thick disk. Top with more chocolate chips and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.