What you need:
1-1/2 cups vegan chocolate cookie crumbs
1/4 cup non-hydrogenated vegan margarine, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages vegan cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup soymilk, at room temperature
1/2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch springform pan. In a bowl or food processor, combine crumbs with margarine and mix well. Place crumb mixture in bottom of prepared pan and press it against bottom and 1 inch up the sides. Refrigerate until chilled.
2. In a large bowl, combine one package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1/4 cup of the soymilk, peanut butter, and salt, and beat until smooth. Pour into prepared crust and set aside.
3. In same bowl, combine remaining package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup soymilk and beat until smooth. Fold in the melted chocolate and mix until well blended.
4. Using a circular motion, pour chocolate mixture into peanut butter mixture. With a thin metal spatula or knife, swirl the different colored mixtures to create a marbled pattern.
5. Bake until firm for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Photo by Hannah Kaminsky
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of