Imbued with fresh herbs, bread crumbs, and a surprise addition of dessert wine, these burgers are perfect served on a fluffy bun with slices of tomato and avocado. If you happen to have some vegan cheese on-hand, layer it on the burger patties once they’re cooked, and place them under a broiler for just a few minutes for melty, delicious cheeseburgers. Or, shape them into meatballs and serve with your traditional Sunday night marinara sauce.
Makes 4 burgers
What you need:
- 1 tube beef-flavored Gimme Lean
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 4 burger buns
What you do:
- In a medium bowl, combine Gimme Lean, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, soy sauce, port, oregano, and basil until well combined. Form mixture into four patties.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook burgers until browned, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 4 minutes. Garnish with tomato and avocado slices and serve on buns.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!